Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Hunger: Alma Katsu

Prior to reading this book, I’d never heard of the Donner party before, so for me every aspect of this was new. I’ve got to say, this book surpassed any expectations I had.  The hunger, by Alma Katsu is exceptionally well written horror. You’re introduced to the Key players early, and from then on the tension slowly builds as secrets are revealed and bodies pile up. For a large portion of the book, the reader is left wondering if this is the work of a psycho among the Caravan, animals, or something more sinister.  I felt it maybe wrapped up a little too quickly, but I prefer that than for a book overstaying it’s welcome. Really enjoyed this one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a dread filled read.

4 out of 5 Mortar Rounds for this one

No comments:

Post a Comment