Sunday, November 10, 2019

Skinwrapper Review

SkinwrapperSkinwrapper by Stephen Kozeniewski

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Skinwrapper, the latest from Stephen Kozeniewski, is a short novella serving as a prequel to his novel Hematophages. What first struck my interest in this book was the awesome cover. I haven’t read Hematophages yet, but after finishing Skinwrapper, it’s certainly coming off my shelf and onto my TBR pile.

Skinwrapper follows a young girl as she makes her way through the spaceship she lives on. Due to certain events, she may be the only person left aboard.

This book is fast-paced, tense, and atmospheric. The main character is slowly making her way through the ship, trying to avoid the Skinwrappers at all costs. It reads like a game of hide and seek, where the cost of losing is your life. It’s hard to say much about the book without giving it away, due to the length. What I can say is that I really dig the Sci-fi and horror blend, though short in length, Kozeniewski does an excellent job of using the pages to create a constant sense of tension and danger. No need to worry if you aren’t a fan of sci-fi, this book is an excellent fit for anyone looking for a gripping read.

4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment