Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Fearing Book 4

The Fearing: Earth and Ember (The Fearing #4)The Fearing: Earth and Ember by John F.D. Taff

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The last piece of the epic serial Novel, The Fearing, has arrived. Does John F.D. Taff stick the landing? All you had to do was read book one to know that Taff was going to nail this.

With each of the first 3 installments, I’ve praised how well written The Fearing is. Book 4 is no different, and why would it be? Taff’s prose is excellent. Book 4 begins right where book 3 leaves off. Our heroes must deal with Tim Jacoby, a crazy who fancies himself the only man capable of saving humanity from the encroaching darkness, while making their way to the final showdown with Adam.

Book Four: Earth and Ember answers the final questions readers had. We had suspected a connection between Monday and Adam, but here we learn the truth behind these two. I’ve got to say, I had legitimately no clue about what the reveal for Monday would be. I knew there had to be something, and maybe readers smarter than me figured it out, but I was clueless. Taff puts his characters through the ringer once again. We spend a good portion of the book dealing with Tim Jacoby and the trouble he brings before finally making our way to THE END. As with any novel, it’s always possible that the conclusion could muck things up and end in an unsatisfying way; I’m happy to say that after months of following this serialization, Taff wraps things up perfectly.

Book 4: Earth and Ember is a fitting conclusion to John F.D Taff’s apocalyptic The Fearing. It picks up right where book 3 leaves off, racing to the finish without stopping for a breather. I can’t think of a better way to cap off this truly epic journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment